Friday, October 12, 2012

Empty House.

Hm. It's like songwriting city in my head.
My mother says this song sounds like a down-home country song.
Very slow.
Needs to stand up bass.
Maybe a mandolin.
Some slide guitar.

I don't know what happened.
I thought everything would be fine.
Maybe I should have tried harder.
To make you stay and be mine.

I've played everything over.
I don't know what I could have done.
I tell myself not to be bitter.
But I thought you were the one.

I wish I still had you with me.
When there's a creek on the stairs.

I hate this empty household.
Because I've never felt so alone.
I always wait for your footsteps.
But I know you're not coming home.

When we started planning our future.
I thought I'd be Mrs. You.
But now all that I'm missing.
Is everything I had to lose.

When I look at the invitations.
Never sent out to be seen.

I hate this empty household.
Because I've never felt so alone.
I always wait for your footsteps.
But I know you're not coming home.

I tell myself I will be better.
But only if I let myself cry.


I hate this empty household.
Because I've never felt so alone.
I always wait for your footsteps.
But I know you're not coming home.

More songwriting Smiles,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment